S&G Labs Hawaii has begun offering COVID-19 pooled testing for groups of 100 or more people. Pooled testing is an inexpensive, fast, and easy way to promote COVID-19 survelience in the community for:
$15 per person COVID-19 PCR test
$15*minimum order of 100 required
Register your group with S&G Labs Hawaii then order your COVID-19 Screening kit
Your kit includes:
- Swabs for each person in your group
- Collection tubes to hold 15-25 swabs each and labels for each tube
- Prepaid return envelope and shipping label
- Instruction sheet
This part is as easy as picking your nose – even the kids cant do this on their own!
- Before swabbing each person should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer
- Gently blow your nose to bring your mucus forward
- Use the provided swab to collect your sample on the inside of your lower nostril – no deep swabbing necessary
- Place 15 – 25 swabs in each labeled collection tube
- IMPORTANT: Keep a record of whose sample is in each tube in the event there is a positive result and every one in the pod needs to be retested.
Use the included tracking sheet example to identify each person in each labeled tube.
Please note: Each tube should contain a minimum of 15 swabs. Collection tubes with less than 15 swabs will incur an additional $50 fee before results are processed
Be sure to screw the lid on tight and check for leaks before placing the collection tubes in the prepaid shipping envelopes
Send Back Samples
Package your tubes and send them back to us using the pre-paid label and envelope
Please Note: Your package needs to be returned to us the same day the samples are collected. The prepaid label and envelope are shipped via UPS. Samples shipped Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will not be processed or resulted until the following Tuesday due to Hawaii based UPS shipping limitations. Please plan accordingly.
Check your email! Once your samples are received in our laboratory your group administrator will be sent an email to register for our patient portal. This means your tests are processing and your results will be ready soon!
In the event a pod has a positive result, the group administrator will be contacted by our facility to coordinate repeat individual testing for those in the positive pod.
COVID-19 pooled test results are not accepted for travel in the United States or other countries.
How Does it Work?
If there is a positive test, then each member of the pod quarantines or opts to re-test each person individually
Pods that test positive are re-tested for FREE at the request of the group organizer